Freestyle Canada Policies
- Concussion Policy
- Return to Sport Protocol
- Return to School Protocol
- Code of Conduct
- Discrimination and Harassment Policy
- Workplace Bullying Policy
Coaches Association of Canada Policies
Freestyle NS Board of Director Responsibilities
- The Board of Directors is collectively accountable to the members of Freestyle Nova Scotia and its other stakeholders. The Board is accountable for Freestyle Nova Scotia’s performance in relation to its strategic objectives and for the effective stewardship of its resources.
- Individual board members have no authority to approve actions by Freestyle Nova Scotia, to direct staff, or to speak on behalf of Freestyle Nova Scotia unless given such authority by the Board.
- Four to six hours a month (board meetings, preparing for board meetings, participating in committees and attending events)
Terms of Office
- Two years per term. Those wishing to serve more than two terms require Board approval as per Freestyle Nova Scotia Bylaws.
- As a board member you are responsible to:
- act honestly and in good faith in the best long-term interest of Freestyle Nova Scotia;
- exercise the care, diligence, and skill of a reasonably prudent person;
- supervise and direct the business and affairs of Freestyle Nova Scotia;
- represent the interest of all members and stakeholders in the governance of Freestyle Nova Scotia and to ensure the best interests of Freestyle Nova Scotia are paramount.
- As a board member you are expected to:
- respect the confidentiality about board matters and issues;
- know Freestyle Nova Scotia’s mission, purpose, goals, policies, programs, services, strengths, and needs;
- prepare for and participate in board meetings;
- listen to others’ views, advocate your own, identify common interests and alternatives, and be open to compromise;
- participate fully and frankly in the deliberations and discussions of the Board;
- support governance decisions once made;
- participate in the review of the Freestyle Nova Scotia’s objectives and in the development of a strategic plan
- help the board monitor the performance of Freestyle Nova Scotia in relation to its mission, objectives, core values and reputation
- abide by the bylaws, code of conduct, conflict of interest and other policies that apply to the board
- faithfully read and understand the Freestyle Nova Scotia’s financial statements
- approve Freestyle Nova Scotia’s annual budget and monitor the financial performance of Freestyle Nova Scotia
- establish, review and monitor policies
- approve the hiring and release of the Executive Director based on the recommendations from a board committee
- support and participate in the evaluation of the Executive director
- identify prospective committee members and help recruit them
- participate in the self-evaluation of the board
- contribute to the board through committee work
- attend and participate in the Annual General Meeting
- be an ambassador for Freestyle Nova Scotia
- keep informed about issues relevant to the objectives of Freestyle Nova Scotia
- The member position description shall be reviewed and approved annually by the Board of Directors through the appropriate committee.