Job Posting – Executive Director for Snow Sports
Date: February 17, 2023
POSITION TITLE: Executive Director
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time
REPORTS TO: Executive and Board of Directors of Ski Nova Scotia, Snowboard Nova Scotia, and Freestyle Nova
LOCATION: Nova Scotia
Ski Nova Scotia, in partnership with Snowboard Nova Scotia, and Freestyle Nova Scotia, is seeking candidates for
the position of Executive Director. This is a full-time position as a common Executive Director to each of the three
provincial sport organizations.
The Executive Director is a business leader, a strategic thinker, and a passionate advocate for snow sports in Nova
Scotia. Reporting to the Executive and Board of Directors of each PSO, the Executive Director will have overall
strategic and operational responsibility for staff, programs, administration, and execution of the strategic plan for
each organization. The creation, development, and stewardship of relationships with PSO members (including
member clubs), National Sport Organizations, the Government of Nova Scotia, Sport Nova Scotia, Canadian Sport
Institute-Atlantic, Nova scotia local ski hill operators, and other stakeholders, will be key to the success of this role.
Responsibilities of the Executive Director
• Organization of and attendance to Annual General Meetings, Executive, and Board meetings.
• Respond to all email & phone enquiries as required.
• Work closely with the treasurers to ensure that all financial and accounting functions are completed in a
• Ensure that membership data is reported to Sport Nova Scotia portal annually.
• Work with each organization to ensure that NCCP delivery meets the requirements of the membership.
• Promote coaching education opportunities to the membership.
• Work with the member organizations to ensure that each PSO meets NSO and Sport Nova Scotia Safe
• Communicate with stakeholders both internally and externally.
• Work with competition committees to ensure annual competition schedules are completed.
• Communicate information from NSO’s to respective boards of directors.
Grant Program Management
• In conjunction with each PSO, to ensure that the all the requirements for annual funding are met including
outcomes submissions and annual eligibility.
• Advise sports on opportunities for other Sport Nova Scotia grant programs.
• Help sports craft applications when applicable.
• Work with the four Nova Scotia ski hill operators to ensure that statistics of membership are recorded and
provided to stakeholders.
• Create and maintain each PSO website.
General Sport Development
• Actively stay up to date with latest sport development trends and information (Canada Sport Policy, CS4L,
LTAD, PSO and NSO best practices).
• Attend relevant Sport Nova Scotia meetings and Provincial and Nationals sport conferences when required.
• The Executive Director will be expected to attend targeted events, races and/or meetings to represent and
foster external stakeholder relationships.
Candidates applying for the Executive Director role will require a range of personal and professional skills, including:
• Approachable and trustworthy, excellent people skills, and enjoys developing positive relationships across
a wide range of stakeholders.
• A dynamic problem solver and effective leader who inspires and positively influences those with whom you
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, enabling you to present with conviction.
• A strategic thinker with the ability to create and articulate a vision, with the capacity to plan and prioritize.
• Strong business fundamentals and ability to collaborate with each PSO’s executive and board in the
development and management of operating budgets and special project budgets.
• Ability to identify, develop and support new partnership and fundraising opportunities.
• A track record of operating with the highest level of integrity, professionalism, and accountability.
Compensation and benefits shall be commensurate with the experience and skills of the successful candidate and
the nature of a provincial sport organization.
How to Apply
Should you be interested in pursuing this leadership opportunity, all applicants are invited to confidentially submit
their cover letter and resume for consideration by email to:
President of Ski Nova Scotia
Please include in the subject line of your application: Snow Sports Executive Director
This role posting will close on Sunday March 5th, 2023, at 11:59 pm Halifax local time.